Dust Mites In Your Home


We all like to feel safe and secure in our own homes. Houses are designed to keep out the bad weather, wild animals, and people we want to avoid. Our home is the place where we can sit back and relax, safe in the knowledge that we are secure from most of the world’s problems. However, what most people do not realize is that the home is a major battle ground for small insects, bacteria and viruses.

Viruses are brought in by humans, and only last a short time before dying out. Bacteria on the other hand occupy most of the home. Trillions of bacteria live in and on the human body. Luckily, most are safe, and general cleanliness keeps the bad ones at bay. Dust mites though, can become problematic in the home if not treated. These little insects can just about be seen by the naked eye. The good thing about them is that they go around eating the dust in the home, most of it is the dried skin that flakes off us throughout the day. The bad news is that once they have digested this, they need to excrete what is left.

It is what the dust mites excrete that can cause problems with humans. The excretion is small, and also contains bacteria from the gut of the dust mite. When these get airborne due to normal human movement, a pet walking around, or from general cleaning, they can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Although most people tend to think of an allergic reaction in the context of hay-fever, for some people it can be life threatening. This is why it is extremely important to have carpets in the home professionally cleaned every now and again.

Free Estimates - Call Today 661-728-0482
Call Now Button